On February 20, 2018, officers with the Marijuana Grow Operation, with the assistance of the East District Community Support Unit and the Tactical Support Team, executed a search warrant at a residence in the first 100 block of Driftwood Bay.
The search warrant was the conclusion of a lengthy investigation where it was determined that a medical marihuana production licence had been fraudulently obtained.
A number of items have been seized including the following:
- 463 Cannabis Marihuana plants in three stages of growth (with a potential street value of $518,560.00)
- 225 Cannabis Marihuana plants recently harvested and drying (with a potential street value of $252,000.00)
- $30,900.00 worth of grow equipment
A 61-year-old male of Winnipeg has been charged with:
- Produce a Scheduled Substance - Cannabis (Marihuana)
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking - Cannabis (Marihuana)
He has been released on a Promise to Appear.
For further information contact either: Constable Rob Carver, Public Information Officer Constable Jay Murray, Public Information Officer Constable Tammy Skrabek, Public Information Officer Kelly Dehn, Manager of Public Affairs